Thursday, April 21, 2011

No matter what I say, I will always love you...

 Listening non stop to Adele's 21. God Lord I am so glad this was not out a year ago... This kinda says it all...
"Next time I'll be braver, 
I'll be my own savior, 
When the thunder calls for me, 
Next time I'll be braver, 
I'll be my own savior, 
Standing on my own two feet"



And she covers one of my all time favorite songs...LoveSong by the Cure.


"Whenever I'm alone with you 
You make me feel like I am home again 
Whenever I'm alone with you 
You make me feel like I am whole again"



Sweet Jeebus every word this woman sings speaks directly to me. 


"I heard that you're settled down, 
That you found a girl and you're married now, 
I heard that your dreams came true, 
Guess she gave you things I didn't give to you, 
Old friend, why are you so shy? 
Ain't like you to hold back or hide from the light,"



Is it wrong that after all this time, I still miss him? I don't miss "it"... But I miss him. 


If I could talk to him I would ask, "How much of it was real? And how much of it was lies?"

As I look back with a clearer mind, I realize that,perhaps, I saw only what he wanted me to see. Maybe everything we had was just a lie...and really, in his world none of it matters. Except to me...




2 comments:

  1. I cannot stop listening to 21! It is so amazing and I feel the same way you do...it's so relatable to any woman. Her voice is so beautiful. I tried to take a lot of strength from it though and looked at how far I've come in what I demand out of relationships. Anyway-glad you found this album...it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jewels. Just a temporary bout of melencholy. The cd is so amazing and you are right... I definitely use the past to raise the bar on my future relationships too.

    ReplyDelete