Thursday, April 12, 2012

now you're just somebody that I used to know



But you didn't have to cut me off
Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing
And I don't even need your love
But you treat me like a stranger and I feel so rough
Now you're just somebody that I used to know...

So as it happens with me, I have found a new song I am so currently obsessed with that I listen to it 3 or 4 times a day. I am not right but hey, that's just how I roll. There have been many, and there is no rhyme or reason as to why I fall in love with them, I just do. They all mean something to me and speak to me in a variety of ways. God, don't you just love music? Here's my latest one...

Gotye - featuring-Kimbra

Now and then I think of all the times you screwed me over
Part of me believing it was always something that I'd done
But I don't wanna live that way
Reading into every word you say


Me? read meaning into every word you say? nahhhh Never! ...ahem Yeah, it's a girl thing I think. Exhausting but we still do it. Well I used to to anyway, for a bit. This guys voice is just doing it for me. And adding Kimbra to it makes it even better!

I heard this song a few weeks ago and was hooked. It's not on the 'sick of it' rotation yet (like they do with every good song) so it's hard to find it. I could never figure out what it was called and then I saw it in a commercial for Glee 2 days ago and last night that's how I found it.

Matt Bomer & Darren Criss

I love what they did with it, I love how they made it about a brother to brother relationship. Plus - that Matt... deliciously easy on the eyes don't you think?

Well you said that we would still be friends
But I'll admit that I was glad that it was over...

But I still think Gotye's version is better. You see his pain as he sings of the end of a relationship, and the  inevitable disintegration of the "we'll still be friends" promise we use like salve on a wound.

Hmmm deep tonight - See what music does to me? 




2 comments:

  1. omg. this song just, idk... HITS me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. exactly Rico - me too - doesn't matter how many times I hear it either. PS: Sorry - just seeing this comment tonight - would have commented earlier

    ReplyDelete