Wednesday, November 2, 2011

getting back to normal...

So finally I have gotten everything I need in order to work (and identify myself as a US citizen). My PA license repl & my social security card are in my happy little hands. I also got a call from a well known dept store and they offered me a job. Not exactly sure what the title is but I will be working at the customer service desk, over seeing the cashiers and working layaway as well. It will keep me busy and I can't wait. One problem is the amount of pay - it pays 7.75 per hour...which I find very surprising and it's part time. But it is a job and that is something to be thankful for...and I am! It's seasonal but if I do a good job thru the next 2 months then I could be offered a permanent position.


I knew when I moved down here to the beach that I would not be making the money I made in West Chester. I also knew that I could live comfortably on half of the salary I was getting in PA. In order to do that I need to make at least 13.00 an hour for a 40 hour work week. So now I will wait and see what my actual schedule is and then try to find another part time job with 20-25 hours a week. Hostessing or office work - something I can work around the dept store job. 


I feel blessed every day when I wake up in my own house at the beach. I know that I am living a dream of mine that I truly didn't know would ever come true.Part of living that dream is knowing that money is not what is needed to be truly happy. I also think about how much my life has changed in the 3 months since I have been living down here permanently. All great things! 


So I will work where I can and as much as I can knowing that at the end of each day I am 3 miles from the beach and the ocean I love so much.


Truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment