Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I love my bed...





I love my bed. I have come to that conclusion after spending the better part of today in it. The cold I had weeks ago is still hanging around, like an annoying drunk that keeps hitting on you in a bar.Ugh go away , yay it's gone, damn it it's back. I think it's turned into a sinus and ear infection, if the pain in my head and the fever I am running, is any indication. But since I am still unemployed and because of that, uninsured, I can't afford a Doctors visit. See this is probably why my mom always told me to marry a Doctor.


So today, I spent the day in bed and it was glorious. I truly do love my bed. It's old as hell, I can't even remember where I got it to tell you the truth. I think it was from the beach house when mom and dad replaced  the cheap beds with pillow tops. Or possibly an extra from the farm. It's a double or full, which can be inconvenient - especially when sharing it with (a man over 6 foot) a 65 lb dog and two cats. Sometimes all at the same time, (just the animals - not the over 6 ft man )which is always interesting and quite possibly the beginning of world war 3. 


Living with my daughter again, I find the need for quiet and my bedroom is my sanctuary. My bed my oasis. I write in it, read in it, talk on the phone... I used to watch tv but comcast sucks and there's something wrong with the mini digital box in my room now so...


My bed is my boat on the ocean - and with my feather bed on top of it all fluffed up, I think pretty damn comfortable. But then I slept on a sofa bed in a one bedroom apartment for 2 years(the kid got the bedroom deservedly so) when we went underground to hide from the stalker. So park benches feel comfortable after that.


Eventually, when I have some extra money, which with any luck and a lot of praying will be soon, I am getting a queen sz bed. An Adult bed I guess. Which means more room for the dog, the cats and an emotionally and legally available, snuggle loving,fun as hell,handsome, over 6 foot... ok over 5'9" tall man. Hey, everybody needs a goal.




PS: I have taken a pledge to write a blog everyday. Today it's about my bed. They can't all be literary masterpieces.That is all. 

5 comments:

  1. That's pretty funny. Chef always tells the kids he used to think of his bed as a boat. I have that same lingering cold which sucks! However I never had any drunks in a bar bother me :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Thanks! and I am betting they didn't bother you cause you are from Jersey...They knew better! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for a blog post a day from you! :-)
    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jewels!! I am excited about doing it - have a list of ideas and am setting them up so it's not such a struggle. Well, it's only a struggle cause I make it one. I am slowly getting into the groove of simply letting go and just writing. I find, like you, i miss it when I don't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice room! Sorry you are not able to watch TV there. I work for Comcast. You can contact our team if you need further assistance on the broken cable box. We're here to help! :)

    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete